Albrecht Audiology is committed to using the American Academy of Audiology’s Best Practices.
A quick summary of their recommendations for best practices include:
- Assessment, which includes testing for difficulty of understanding of speech in noise.
- Treatment Planning, including Communication Assessment Needs and Lifestyle Questionnaire.
- Verification, primarily using Probe Microphone Measures (PMM) which involves having a small soft tube placed in the ear canal to measure the sound levels in your ears from the hearing aids.
- Orientation, which may be individual or in a group setting.
- Validation, questionnaires to assess the satisfaction with hearing ability, hearing devices and services.